Side Quest Setup
On your PC or Mac
If you are looking to download our quest builds, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to install
While Equal Reality is in Alpha / Beta it requires manual side-loading onto the Quest headsets.
This has 3 main Steps.
- Turn on Developer Mode
- Set up SideQuest on your PC
- Install the app onto your Quest through SideQuest
This guide is how to install SideQuest on your PC or Mac.
Below we have copied the key points from this tutorial by AndroidCentral.com
Turn on Developer Mode
The first thing that you need to do with your Oculus Quest to sideload apps is enable developer mode. This is done through the Oculus app on your phone.
Make sure you have setup your account as a developer
- Open the Oculus app.
- Select Settings.
- Select your Oculus Quest headset.
- Tap the arrow to the right of your device name to drop down more options if they don't show up immediately after selecting your device.
- Select more settings.
- Select developer mode.
- Toggle the developer mode setting to on.
Set up SideQuest on your PC
Next, you'll need to get SideQuest ready on your PC. You'll have to download SideQuest from GitHub and install it. It's an executable file so if you've used those before it should work as any other. You can download it on Windows, Mac, and Linux, but here's a step-by-step breakdown of the process on Windows.
5. You may get a pop-up from Windows that says "Windows protected your PC." Select more info.
6. Click Run anyway.
7. Click extract.
8. Open the folder that you extracted it to.
9. Find the folder SideQuest-win32-x64.
10. Double click SideQuest.exe.
Download & Install
Next you will want to download your Oculus Quest App *.apk file and install it on the quest.
If you do not have your Oculus Quest App *.apk file, you will need to download it from our client portal
If you already have your Oculus Quest App *.apk file, you may continue to the install guide, using SideQuesst
on behalf of the Equal Reality Team and Community